Summer


Summer is a fleeting time for anyone, but for me, the girl who could live year-round in a never-ending summer, the time tends to pass even faster in my mind. But this is the first summer in quite a while that I have had the luxury to take many delicious pauses and drink it in.

I haven't had a proper summer since I joined the workforce. Now that I've been freelancing for a few months, I've discovered that a cubicle just wasn't for me. Especially on warm, sunny days, when I would longingly look out the window like a child who just wanted to go outside and play.

And so I open my office window while I work to feel the balmy breezes and listen to the chirping birds. I take Ginger for walks in the middle of the day. I go for a mid-afternoon run on a local trail. Instead of living in a perpetual state of stress, even on weekends, I simply sit back and enjoy Saturdays.

There have always been summer bonfires, firefly-watching, strawberry picking, and boating on the lake, but this summer, I'm finally able to take a breath and soak up every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment