10 Awesome Things About Being a Freelance Writer

I'm officially three months in to my new career as a full-time freelancer. And I've quickly discovered that the freelance life is chock full of awesomeness. Here are 10 things that are truly great about being a freelancer.

1. At the moment, I'm sitting in Michaelangelo's Coffee House while James Taylor plays in the background and the soothing whir of conversation surrounds me. I love that I can pick up my job and take it anywhere. Excuse me, I'm just booking a ticket to Bora Bora so I can work in one of those little beach huts...


Flickr.com

2. I can eat totally non-conventional meals in the comfort of my home. Cheerios for lunch? Don't mind if I do!

Flickr.com

3. My cute/ridiculous/hilarious T-shirt wardrobe is getting a lot more play.

Flickr.com

4. Ugh, holy migraine. I can use all of my headache-relief paraphernalia now. Peppermint pulse point oil. Microwaveable neck wrap. A giant mug of tea.

Flickr.com

5. I can play my music without any judgement. What am I in the mood for today? Fleetwood Mac? Glenn Miller? Bjork?


Flickr.com

6. My Keurig has sure gotten a lot more use. It's a universal requirement that writers must drink coffee.

Flickr.com

7. Having a corgi and/or a kitty laying at my feet while I work doesn't suck.

Flickr.com
 8. I don't freeze to death nor do I overheat. I control the temperature. Next, the world.

Flickr.com
9. I work out in the morning or over lunch. Gone are the days of dragging my ass to an evening class or forcing myself out the door for a run.

Flickr.com
 10. I'm back to using all of my (slightly-embarrassing) writers' block busters. They often involve dancing.

Flickr.com

 There will be more lists of awesome things about freelancing to come. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment