Put a Bird On It

Yesterday, I gathered up my laptop and camera and headed to Wausau, Wis. for a morning visit to the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, a hidden gem in the North Woods. I love an art museum, but I particularly love this one because all of the art features birds: flying, nesting, migrating. Their pieces feature the likes of Charley Harper and other greats of the wildlife art world.

As I scooted around groups of schoolchildren who were legitimately interested in the artwork, I couldn't help but notice one common theme that came across in the pieces: vulnerability. Maybe it's because birds are generally viewed as small and delicate creatures, but I noticed the fragility even more as I looked through the photos I took.

If you find your direction pointing north, I would highly recommend a visit to this lovely art museum.






No comments:

Post a Comment