What's New?

I may be awesome at many things in life, but blogging regularly isn't one of them. I recently thought to myself, What would motivate me to blog more? I thought about this as I wandered around antique stores. And flea markets. And garage sales. And then I had an epiphany.

My blog should focus on what I truly love, the thing that encompasses most of my free time...vintage. Amazing finds, recommendations of places to shop, and photos of treasures I've discovered. You'll be able to join me on my quests, and I'll be writing about a topic that makes me happy.

Although my random musings were pretty great, I have a feeling you'll enjoy my vintage adventures even more. So, on that note, I'd like to talk about a decent antique store I visited today, Originals Mall of Antiques in Oshkosh, Wis. It's a hop, skip, and a jump from my alma mater, Ripon College, and I used to frequent this place in my college days. I even bought a dress for a formal from there.

A little digging was in order, but the finds were worth it. A lot of great painted vintage furniture, and an outdoor area filled with rusted treasures. I particularly loved an old suitcase covered in stickers, perhaps from the 1940's, and a rhinestone tiara that would look perfect atop a ceramic bust. Or, you know, on my head.

Next weekend...Elkhorn Flea Market!




No comments:

Post a Comment